- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat one large or two small baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
Steam the cauliflower for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool. Once cool, mince the cauliflower.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the minced cauliflower, and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting, stir the mixture again. Scoop cauliflower with a tablespoon measure onto the sprayed baking sheet.
- Form the ball into the shape of a tater-tot. Repeat to make 35 tots.
- Spray the top of each tot with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the tots and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 7 Servings (2 Tots Per Serving) | Smartpoints: 2
- 80 calories
- 3 g fat
- 30 mg cholesterol
- 9 g carbs
- 6 g protein
- 2 g fiber
- 150 mg sodium