|2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray|
|2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)|
|30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 1/2 cup(s) fat free sour cream|
|2 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese, divided|
|8 oz chopped green chili(es), two 4-oz cans|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
|13 medium corn tortilla(s), cut in half each|
|1 cup(s) fat free salsa, mild, medium or hot|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheese, chilies, cumin and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange 10 tortilla halves in bottom of prepared pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with 1/3 of chicken mixture and then layer with 8 tortillas halves. Spoon 1/3 more chicken mixture over top and then top with remaining 10 tortilla halves. Spoon remaining chicken mixture over top and sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces. Serve with salsa on the side.
- This is a terrific make-ahead meal from our Cook Once, Eat All Week Series.