|6 medium plum tomato(es), halved lengthwise|
|2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin, divided|
|1/4 tsp kosher salt, or to taste|
|1/4 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs|
|1/2 tsp minced garlic|
|1/2 tsp dried oregano|
|1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground|
|2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil (or coat with cooking spray).
- Toss tomatoes with 1 teaspoon oil and salt on prepared pan; flip tomatoes so they are cut-side up.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, pepper, cheese and remaining teaspoon oil; sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake until breadcrumbs are golden and tomatoes are softened, about 20 minutes; remove to a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley. Yields 1 tomato half per serving.
- If you prefer your breadcrumbs very golden, consider broiling the tomatoes very briefly after they are done baking.