|2 spray(s) cooking spray|
|1/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce|
|1 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste|
|1 pound(s) uncooked extra lean ground chicken breast|
|1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced|
|1/4 cup(s) uncooked celery, chopped|
|1/4 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs|
|2 tsp minced garlic|
|1/2 tsp table salt|
|4 item(s) light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)|
|2 cup(s) (shredded) romaine lettuce|
|1 large fresh tomato(es), cut into 8 slices|
|2 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled|
- Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce-mixture, scallion, celery, breadcrumbs, garlic and salt. Using wet hands (to prevent mixture from sticking), form chicken mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; brush top of burgers with some remaining barbecue sauce-mixture.
- Place burgers on grill, sauce side-down; brush tops of burgers with remaining sauce. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Lightly toast open-faced buns on grill during last minute of cooking.
- To serve, place 4 bun bottoms on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices, a burger, 1/2 tablespoon of cheese and a bun top (cheese will melt a little from hot burger). Yields 1 burger per serving.
- If you like your food really spicy, give the lettuce and tomato a few shots of hot sauce.