Ingredients for Stir-Fry:
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (10-12 ounce) bag shredded cabbage, about 5 cups
Ingredients for Sauce:
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame, canola or olive oil
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- First prep all vegetables and dice the chicken. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick wok or pan with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook stirring often, until cooked through and white inside. Remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, coat with more cooking spray and heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions, broccoli, zucchini, red bell peppers and water. Sauté over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is soft. Add cabbage and sauté another 2 minutes until cabbage is soft. Turn down to medium heat, add cooked chicken and sauce. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until all heated through. Stir constantly to blend everything.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes 4 servings. (each serving, ~2 cups)
- Smartpoints: 7
- 267 calories
- 8g fat
- 1.6g sat fat
- 55mg chol
- 28g prot
- 23g carbs
- 5g fiber
- 709 mg sod
- 6g sugar