- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 lb portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, set a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat and mist with cooking spray. Season chicken breast strips with salt and pepper, and add into the skillet. Sauté until golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side. Add in the chicken broth as needed to keep the chicken tender and from sticking to the pan. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add in butter and melt, then add in the garlic and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms become very tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, along with the wine, oregano and basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until most of the wine has cooked off.
- Stir in milk and Parmesan, and cook while continuously stirring until cheese melts and sauce is mostly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired
- Spoon pasta evenly into 6 serving bowls, and top with the chicken mixture.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup pasta and 1 cup chicken and mushroom mixture
Each serving = 8 Points+ = 9 Smartpoints
PER SERVING: 388 calories; 8.5g fat; 35.5g carbohydrates; 30g protein; 4.5g fiber