Beefy Enchilada Skillet Dip
Yield: 12 (1/3 cup) servings
- 1 ½ lbs raw 95% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned enchilada sauce
- 6 oz 50% reduced fat Pepper Jack cheese (I used Cabot), shredded
- Heat the beef in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a slotted spoon or spatula as it browns. When the beef is cooked, add the diced onion and garlic and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened.
- Add the enchilada sauce and stir to coat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through.
3 smartpoints per serving
3 points+ per serving
129 calories, 3 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 16 g protein, 0 g fiber