Nonstick cooking spray
6 (6″) corn tortillas
1 (14 oz) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
(14 to 16 oz total)
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
3 tbsp lime juice
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
1/3 cup light dairy sour cream (optional)
Lime wedges (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat both sides of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place on baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Tortillas will crisp up as they cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet combine broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
Bring to a boil. Add chicken; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F.).
4. Remove from heat. Let chicken cool in the liquid about 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. When cool enough, transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred chicken into large pieces using two forks. Return shredded chicken to cooking liquid.
5. In a medium size bowl combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, snipped cilantro, lime juice and pepper.
6. Place tortillas on serving plates. Dividing in equal amounts, top with lettuce and bean mixture. Using a slotted spoon, spoon chicken on top of bean mixture. If desired, garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
Yield: 6 equally sized servings
Serving Size: 1 tostada per serving
Weight Watchers PointsPlus+ = 5
Smartpoints = 4
Calories: 207, Fat 2g, Cholesterol 39mg, Carbs 28g, Fiber 6g, Sodium 285mg, Protein 23g