1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest, increase to taste
1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together,.
- in another bowl mix egg yolks, sugar lemon zest and ricotta cheese and then mix with dry ingrediants.
- Whisk whites until stiff.
- Blend whites into batter until just blended.
- Spray skillet and heat, pour in batter by 1/4 Cup cook and serve hot.
Servings Per Recipe: 6