- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion – thinly sliced
- 15 oz can chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes – peeled and diced
- ½ cup coconut milk – light
- ½ cup chicken stock – low sodium
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder – salt-free
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder – optional
- 1 cup green peas – frozen
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cilantro – optional garnish
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, chicken stock, tomato sauce, curry powder, salt and cayenne.
- Add chicken breasts, onion, chickpeas and sweet potatoes. Using tongs, gently toss ingredients together to ensure evenly coated.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Stir in peas and lemon juice 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over rice and with plenty of fresh cilantro.
inspired by (source) To see notes go to : http://thelemonbowl.com/2013/05/slow-cooker-chicken-curry.html
Serving size: 2 cups
Calories: 302 Kcl
Fat: 4.7 g
Saturated fat: 1.9 g
Unsaturated fat: 2.8 g
Trans fat: 0
Carbohydrates: 43.1 g
Sugar: 12.2 g
Fiber: 8.6 g
Protein: 24.4 g
Cholesterol: 60 mg