- 1/4 cup butter (the real stuff)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup truvia brown sugar blend
- 6 Tbsp canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- First melt your butter. Whisk together melted butter, applesauce, truvia, pumpkin, & vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, & pumpkin pie spice into the same bowl. Stir wet & dry ingredients together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Place bowl in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Use either a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray or one that is covered in parchment paper. I tried it both ways & they both came out the same. Scoop cookie dough into shaped mounds using a small cookie scoop. Lightly press them down with your fingers because they won’t spread much when they bake.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
Let sit on cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
Recipe makes about 2 dozen | 1 cookie : 2 pointplus = 3 Smartpoints