- 2 organic sweet potatoes (~150 g each)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (121 C) and position oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Rinse and dry your sweet potatoes thoroughly and slice them as uniformly thin as possible. If you have a mandolin, use it. Otherwise, use a very sharp knife to get these uniformly thin. Know that chips that are too thick in parts won’t crisp up all the way. Still delicious, just not “chip” crispiness.
- Toss slices in a touch of olive oil to lightly coat, then sprinkle with salt. Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 2 hours, flipping chips once at halfway point to ensure even cooking. I also rotated mine for more even cooking (optional but recommended).
- Remove once crisp and golden brown. Some may feel a little tender in the middle but take them out and let them rest for 10 minutes or so to crisp up before sampling. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 6 servings | Smartpoints: 3
- Calories: 98
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Sugar: .25 g
- Sodium: 4.5 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 0.7 g