- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. (6.5 oz.) or 4 cups washed salad greens
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 to 3 boneless chicken breast halves)
- 1 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap pea pods, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Place evaporated milk, lemon juice, oil, sugar, ginger, salt and black pepper in small jar or resealable container; cover with lid. Shake well until blended. Makes 1 cup.
- Combine salad greens, chicken, carrots, sugar snap peas, dried cranberries and almonds in large bowl. Add 2/3 cup dressing; toss until evenly coated.
- Place 1 cup salad mixture on each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Cut in half and serve along with remaining dressing, if desired. Or, wrap each in wax paper, foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate to eat later.
- Dressing can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Shake well before using.
- Use pre-cooked grilled chicken strips to save time.
- Look for pre-packaged matchstick carrots in your local store’s produce section.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe | Servings : 6 | Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 10 min | Smartpoints: 12
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 15g