- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 6 thighs)
- 4 tbsp light butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, rub chicken with oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside. Discard excess fat from pan.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in skillet. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add in yogurt and parmesan cheese, stir well. Then add in thyme, lemon juice and spinach. Heat until spinach just starts to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, and add in the chicken. Cook, uncovered in oven for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Number of servings (yield): 6 | Serving size is 1 chicken thigh with sauce & spinach | SmartPoints: 5
- 210 calories
- 10g fat
- 4g saturated fat
- 2g carbohydrates
- 0g sugar
- 28g protein
- 0g fiber