- 6 medium (about 2 pounds total) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk and butter. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- NOTE: Chopped green onions, chopped parsley or cooked, crumbled bacon may be added to mashed potatoes.
FOR MUSHROOM MASHED POTATOES:
- PREPARE potatoes as above. Melt butter in saucepan; add 1 clove finely chopped garlic and 8 ounces finely chopped mushrooms. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- ADD potatoes and evaporated milk; beat potatoes with hand-held mixer until smooth and thoroughly mixed with mushrooms. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe | Servings Per Recipe: 6 | 15 min. prep | 35 min. total | SmartPoints: 9
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 65mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 5g