- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Microwave sugar, butter and water in a large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles, stirring once. Add Choco Bake; stir.
- STIR in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture; stir well. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
FOR SAUCEPAN METHOD:
- HEAT sugar, butter and water in a medium saucepan just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add Choco Bake; stir. Proceed as above.
CREAM CHEESE BROWNIE VARIATION:
- PREPARE brownie batter; do not pour into pan. Beat 8 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in 1 egg. Pour brownie batter into pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over top; swirl with spoon. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE VARIATION:
- PREPARE brownie batter without nuts; do not pour into pan. Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100 %) power for 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour brownie batter into pan. Spoon peanut butter mixture over top; swirl with spoon. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
ROCKY ROAD BROWNIE VARIATION:
- PREPARE brownie batter without nuts; bake as directed. While still hot, sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, 1/3 cup chopped nuts and 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and morsels are shiny.
Serving Size: 1/24 of Recipe | Servings Per Recipe: 24 | 15 min prep | 30 min. total | SmartPoints: 6
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 70mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 14g
- Protein: 2g