- 1 pound uncooked yams, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced
- 2/3 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 2-quart casserole dish.
- ALTERNATELY layer yams and apples in casserole dish.
- HEAT Juicy Juice in medium saucepan over high heat. Mix cornstarch with water in small bowl or cup. When juice is boiling, stir in cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Spoon sauce over yam and apple mixture. Sprinkle wheat germ on top.
- BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe | Servings : 6 | 20 min prep | Total Time 65 min | SmartPoints: 8
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 190
- Total Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 3g