- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COOK bacon in large skillet over medium heat. When bacon starts to turn brown, add onion. Cook until bacon is crisp; drain. Sprinkle cheese into bottom of pie shell. Top with bacon mixture. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in small bowl until blended. Pour into pie shell.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack before serving.
- NOTE: Quiche fits a variety of meal occasions from brunch to dinner and also makes an outstanding appetizer. If using metal or foil pans, bake on preheated heavy-duty baking sheet.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe 124 Servings : 8 | 5 min. prep | 45 min. total | SmartPoints: 10
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 280
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 14g