- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dried plum puree ( see note)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso or 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, dried plum puree, sugar, egg, egg whites, coffee, and vanilla in a large bowl until well mixed. Stir in the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cool ompletely in the pan on a rack. Cit into 16 brownies.
- Cook’s Tip: To make dried plum puree, combine 2/3 cup pitted dried plums and 3 tablespoons water in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- 16 servings
- 4 Smartpoints
- Calories: 105.3
- Total Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Protein: 2.2g