- 32 graham cracker squares
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup dried apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat an 8-by-12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Process graham crackers and cinnamon in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Leaving about 1/2 cup in the workbowl, transfer the crumbs to another container. Add apples to the workbowl and process until coarsely chopped.
- Combine sugar, egg whites, egg, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until thick, about 3 minutes. Fold in the reserved crumbs, apples and the toasted walnuts just until combined. Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish; smooth the top with a wet rubber spatula. Bake until the top feels dry and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 15 bars.
- Makes 15 Bars (1 Bar Per Serving)
148 calories| 1.7 g sat. fat| 14 mg cholesterol| 25 g carbs|
3 g protein| 1 g fiber| 216 mg sodium | SmartPoints: 5