- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay the grated zucchini on a layer of paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and transfer to a strainer. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, press out as much liquid as you can.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop spoonfuls of the mixture a couple inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for 10 more until both sides are golden brown. Serve with sour cream or yogurt if desired.
Serving Size: About 3 fritters | Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 87 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g| Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 3