- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen small broccoli florets
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, bring half-and-half to simmer in small saucepan on medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream cheese, oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and sea salt; whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is well blended. Add chicken; simmer until heated through.
- Place pasta and broccoli in large serving bowl. Spoon sauce evenly over pasta mixture. Toss gently to coat well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
P.S. You can use the Carba Nada noodles for this recipe.
Makes 6 Servings | Per Serving: Calories 283| Carbs 32 g| Sat. Fat 2.3 g| Fiber 3 g| Protein 23 g | SmartPoints: 7