- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats, quick cooking or old-fashioned (not instant)
- In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a rolling boil (surface covered with bubbles) and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until creamy and well blended. Then stir in the and oats until well combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or a silicone mat, making about 36 cookies and then flatten them slightly with your damp fingers or the back of a wet spoon. Let cool until set.
Makes About 36 Cookies (1 Cookie Per Serving) | Per Serving: 123 Calories| 0.8g Sat. Fat| 3.8g Protein| 20g Carbs| 1g Fiber | SmartPoints: 4