- 2 cups uncooked regular or whole wheat elbow macaroni (8 oz)
- 2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 In 3-quart saucepan, cook and drain macaroni as directed on package. Return to saucepan; cover to keep warm.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, stir milk, flour, mustard, salt, black pepper and red pepper with wire whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- 3 Add cheese sauce to cooked macaroni; mix well. Spoon into baking dish.
- 4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
Serving Size: 1 Serving | 6 Servings | SmartPoints: 10
- Calories 340
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 640mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 19g