- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 cups cooked black beans (or two 15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Liberal pinches salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Serve this with steamed broccoli or wilted spinach and a dollop of light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, black beans, sweet potato, 1⁄2 cup of the cheese, and the cumin, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs and the salsa. Pour the salsa mixture over the quinoa-bean mixture, then pour everything into the prepared casserole dish.
3. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Garnish with the cilantro.
- Calories 204.5
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 315.6 mg
- Potassium 259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 13.8 g