- One 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (about 4 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Truvia spoonable calorie-free sweetener
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter baking chips, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Place all ingredients except peanut butter chips in a food processor. Puree until completely smooth and uniform.
- Fold in 1 tbsp. chopped peanut butter chips.
- Evenly distribute batter into the 8 cups of the muffin pan, and smooth out the tops. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp. chopped peanut butter chips, and lightly press into the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick (or knife) inserted into the center of a cake comes out mostly clean, 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
1/8th of recipe (1 cake): 105 calories, 2.5g total fat (1.5g sat fat), 326mg sodium, 21.5g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 6g protein — SmartPoints 3