- 2 cups potatoes, diced and peeled
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheese (Cheddar, Parmesan or any quick-melting cheese of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or green onions for garnish, finely chopped
- In the slow cooker, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch, cheese and chives.
- Cook on low heat for 6 – 8 hours.
- When it is cooked, get about 4 tablespoons of the potato soup then mix it with the cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Add it to the soup and mix well.
- Using a masher, hand blender or the back of a fork, mash some of the potatoes while stirring.
- Set on high and cook for another 30 minutes or until thick.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Garnish with the chives or green onions in individual bowls before serving.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving: 1 | SmartPoints: 6 | PointPlus: 5
- Calories: 167
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Sodium: 375 mg
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 10 g