- 28 oz. (about 4 medium) zucchini
- 4 cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Optional topping: chopped fresh basil
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer, cut zucchini into spaghetti-like noodles. (If you don’t have a spiral veggie slicer, peel zucchini into thin strips, rotating the zucchini after each strip.) Roughly chop for shorter noodles.
- Place cauliflower in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- In a blender or food processor, combine cooked cauliflower, 1/4 cup Parm, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add milk and 3 tbsp. warm water. Blend on high speed until smooth and uniform.
- Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir zucchini noodles until hot and slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer noodles to a strainer, and thoroughly drain excess liquid.
- Combine drained noodles and sauce in a large bowl and mix well. Reheat, if needed.
- Top each serving with 1/2 tbsp. of remaining Parm.
Makes 2 servings | 1/2 of recipe (about 2 cups) | SmartPoints: 4
- 247 calories
- 8g total fat (4g sat fat)
- 789mg sodium
- 30g carbs
- 9.5g fiber
- 18.5g sugars
- 20.5g protein