- 1.5 lbs cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 eggs or 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp any firm cheese, shredded & tightly packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2-3 tbsp green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 In a food processor, add cauliflower in batches and process until fine crumbs. Smaller than in my photos. In the last batch, add garlic. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 Preheat non-stick skillet on medium – high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add cauliflower and cook for 5 – 7 minutes or until a bit golden, stirring frequently and watching closely not to burn.
- 3 In the meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk until dissolved. Add pre-cooked cauliflower along with cheese (except 3 tbsp), salt, pepper and green onions; mix well.
- 4 Line muffin tin with liners or use silicone muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. Divide mixture evenly among openings and top with remaining 3 tbsp cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool a bit and serve hot or cold (I like).
Servings Per Recipe: 12 | Amount Per Serving = 1 biscuit | SmartPoints: 2
- Calories: 45.4
- Total Fat: 2.5 g
- Sat Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 36.0 mg
- Sodium: 152.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 3.2 g