- 1/4 cup 2-percent milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 scallions, trimmed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces 99-percent fat-free ground turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat.
- Stir together the milk, egg, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon of the barbecue sauce in a medium bowl.
- Finely chop the spinach, scallion and garlic together on a cutting board. Transfer to the bowl, along with the ground beef and turkey, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of black pepper. Gently combine the mixture well with your hands.
- Coat a 20-inch piece of heavy duty aluminum foil all over with cooking spray. Pile the meatloaf mixture onto the foil just off the center and form into a 9-by-5-inch loaf that’s about 1-inch thick. Fold the long half of the foil over the meatloaf, lining up the edges, and crimp and fold tightly to make a sealed packet.
- Put the packet on the grill, close the grill lid and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the packet over using 2 large metal spatulas; cover and grill 10 minutes more. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Carefully open the packet. The meatloaf should have some grill marks and an internal temperature of 165-170 degrees F. Brush the top and sides of the loaf with the remaining 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Cut into slices and serve.
- Makes 4 servings
Calories 290; Carbs 14g; Protein 35g; Fat 11g; Fiber 1g | SmartPoints: 7