- 1 can chick peas (1 1/2 cups drained and thoroughly rinsed under running water)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup natural maple syrup (or 1/3 cup honey for non-vegan)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1 Preheat oven 176C | 350F. Line a 8×8 inch baking pan with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
2 Throw chickpeas, oats, peanut butter, maple syrup (or honey if using it), sugar, baking powder, salt and milk into a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove the lid, scrape the sides down with a spatula and process/blend for a further 2 minutes until smooth. (The batter will be thick. Do not add extra liquids). Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
3 Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of bars.
4 Bake for approx 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven) until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5 The blondies are super moist when taken out, but they will set and firm as they cool. Don’t over cook these – or they will become dry.
6 Once cooled, gently cut into 16 bars.
Yields: 16 squares/bars | SmartPoints: 6
Amount Per bar
Total Fat: 6.6 g
Saturated Fat : 1.65 g
Total Carbs: 19.3 g
Sugars: 8.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
Protein: 3.8 g