- 12 oz whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cup no-sugar-added spaghetti sauce
- 4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, brown beef, onion, and garlic. Drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and heat through.
- Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- In a 9×13 casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, layer 1 cup of meat mixture, half the spaghetti, half the cheese, and half the remaining meat mixture. Repeat layers. Dish will be very full.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Uncover and add remaining cheeses. Bake an addition 10 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep 20 min
- Cook 55 min
- Ready 75 min
Serving Size: 1 (333 g) | Servings Per Recipe: 10 | Per serving: 16 SmartPoints; 15 PointsPlus
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 22g
Saturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
Dietary Fiber 0g