- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar, shortening and egg white in a medium bowl until fluffy and well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in the flower mixture, then the milk until just blended.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto large, ungreased baking sheets, making 36 cookies.
- Bake until top springs back when lightly touched (5-7 minutes).
- Cool completely on the sheets on a rack.
- Spoon 2 tsp marshmallow spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Fat 3.1 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Carbohydrate 19.3 g
Fiber 0.5 g
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 1.4 g