5 cups roughly chopped cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Working in batches as needed, pulse cauliflower in a food processor until reduced to the consistency of coarse breadcrumbs.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for another 3 1/2 minutes, or until hot and soft.
- Transfer cauliflower to a fine-mesh strainer, and thoroughly drain. Using a clean dish towel (or paper towels), press out as much moisture as possible. (There will be a lot of excess liquid.)
- Return cauliflower to the bowl, and add remaining crust ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- To form the crusts, evenly divide cauliflower mixture into two circles on the parchment-lined baking sheet, each about 1/4-inch thick and 7 inches in diameter.
- Bake until the tops have browned, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Spread seasoned tomatoes over each crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- Bake until cheese has melted and crust is crispy, 5 – 7 minutes.
MAKES 2 SERVINGS | PointsPlus: 7 | SmartPoints :6
Serving Size: 1 pizza (1/2 of recipe)
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 11g
- Sat Fat: 6.5g
- Sodium: 826mg
- Carbs: 21.5g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugars: 9.5g
- Protein: 24.5g