1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup brown rice, not instant
2 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained, divided
1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 60 min
- Ready at 70 min
- Add rice into heated oil and cook until it becomes golden and toasted. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and then saute these ingredients slightly.
- Add 1/2 cup of tomatoes, salt and broth. Mix all within a blender until a silky blend.
- Pour the liquid from the blender into the rice mixture. If needed, the rest of extra tomato can be drained and added to the rice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and simmer with low heat until rice becomes tender after about 1 hour or as mentioned on the package.
- Keep the cooking pot covered during the cooking process.
- Note: If there is no fresh garlic, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder can be added to the blender.
Inspired by Food.com
Serving Size: 1 (140 g) | Servings Per Recipe: 6 |
Per serving: 6 SmartPoints; 5 PointsPlus
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
Dietary Fiber 2g