- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Put the following ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with whisk: sweetener, half of the vinegar, half of the soy sauce. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Put into the fridge so as to steep during half an hour.
Add oil to a frying pan and heat to medium-low. After adding garlic and ginger, cook for 30 seconds until garlic gets fragrant and golden without being burnt.
Cook the marinated chicken for 3 minutes without any juices in the bowl. Then, pour the remaining soy sauce and vinegar, add the bell pepper strips, the black pepper and stir. Cook during 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and peppers get softened. Remit chicken over or alongside brown rice or quinoa.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | SmartPoints: 4|
Calories: 199 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 83 mg | Sodium: 341 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 27 g | |