- 4 (4-6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup lite (low sodium) soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Flatten the chicken breasts with the bottom of a pan or cup. Pepper chicken breasts on both sides. In a pan over medium heat, brown chicken breasts in olive oil on both sides, for about 3 minutes per side.
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, and 1 cup of the broth and olive oil in a bowl. Add to the pot with the chicken and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Whisk the cornstarch in the remaining 1/2 cup of broth to form a slurry. Stir the slurry into the skillet. Turn the heat up higher to allow the sauce to boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Once sauce has thickened, top dish with scallions and serve.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce
Calories: 288 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 653mg | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Protein: 34g |