- 1 (10-ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can Campbell’s® Healthy Request® condensed cream of chicken soup
- ⅓ cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) can Ro*Tel® “Original” diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large low-carb, high-fiber tortillas (I like La Tortilla Factory®, warmed)
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat four cheese Mexican blend (I like Sargento®)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- The oven is preheated to 350° Fahrenheit. Use a cooking spray to coat a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Heat the enchilada sauce into a medium skillet over a medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until it cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken breasts and keep it cool into a plate. When slightly cooled, shred the chicken using two forks and then set aside.
- In the meantime, bring back the skillet of enchilada sauce to low heat. Add the chicken soup, the sour cream, and fat-free milk. Stir frequently for 2 or 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Heat an olive oil over medium-high heat into another large skillet. Add onions and cook until being translucent after about 3 minutes. Cut tomatoes into dice, add and stir with cumin, green chilies, pepper, shredded chicken and salt. Keep on stirring frequently until the mixture is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes before removing it from heat.
- To put it all together, each tortilla should be filled with a heaping ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture. Roll each tortilla tightly; the seam side is placed down in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour and spread the same quantity of sour cream sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the cheese melts and becomes sparkling after 18 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Yield: 8 servings | Serving size: 1 prepared enchilada | SmartPoints: 5