- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole-wheat white flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Oven being preheated to 350° F, spray with nonstick cooking spray a small square (9×9-inch) or rectangular (7×11-inch) baking dish.
- Whisk together in a small mixing bowl, the egg, milk, vanilla, oil, and applesauce.
- Add in a large mixing bowl the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt and whisk together.
- Mix up the wet and dry ingredients using a rubber spatula, until having a perfect mixture.
- Then, the brownie batter will be spread in the prepared dish. In this case, it may be thicker. Use the rubber spatula so as to make its top smoother.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or when a toothpick stays clean after being inserted in the center of the batter.
- Cut into 12 equal squares when cooled.
- The ganache can be made by heating the almond milk for 15 seconds, or until hot in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix together until having a smooth and melted mixture. Let it rest and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Pour evenly over the cooled brownies.
- Use candy-coated chocolate to top the Copycat Cosmic Brownies.
Per Serving: (1 brownie) | SmartPoints: 6 | PointsPlus: 4
- Calories: 142
- Calories from fat: 61
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 37mg
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 2g