- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound (3 medium-sized) zucchini, spiralized*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk, or more, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup half and half*
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan. Add and cook zucchini, stir from time to time to heat through and to make it tender about 3-5 minutes. Then set aside.
- Melt the 2 other tablespoons butter in the saucepan. Add garlic and cook about 1-2 minutes, stir frequently until being fragrant. Whisk in flour about 1 minute until being slightly browned.
- Progressively, add milk, oregano and thyme. Cook, whipping continuously about 1-2 minutes until incorporated. Stir in half and half of Parmesan about 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Add more milk as needed if the mixture becomes too thick; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- While stirring zucchini, toss gently to combine.
- If needed, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Servings Per Container 4 | SmartPoints : 9
Calories from Fat 127.8
Total Fat 14.2g
Saturated Fat 8.3g
Trans Fat 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate 12.5g
Dietary Fiber 1.5g