- 16 oz box Duncan Hines® Red Velvet Cake Mix, dry mix only
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 6 oz container plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using cupcake liners, line two mini muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a stand-up mixer or using a hand mixer, mix dry cake mix, egg whites, water, yogurt, vanilla and baking powder until well mixed. Mix for about 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spoon, evenly fill cupcake liners with cake batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together on high until icing starts to become thick, add in vanilla and continue beating on high until frosting is creamy.
- After cupcakes have cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting mixture over each cupcake. Refrigerate any leftover icing and store any leftover cupcakes in refrigerator.
Per Serving (3 cupcakes w/ frosting) | PointsPlus: 4
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Sugars: 18g