- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 14 oz. (about 2 medium) zucchini
- 4 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- Optional seasonings: additional salt and black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker except zucchini and spinach. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours, until veggies have softened.
- Once soup is almost done cooking, use a spiral vegetable slicer to cut zucchini into spaghetti-like noodles. (If you don’t have a spiral veggie slicer, peel zucchini into super-thin strips, rotating the zucchini after each strip.) Roughly chop for shorter noodles.
- If cooking at high heat, decrease heat to low. Remove and discard bay leaves. Stir in zucchini noodles and spinach. Re-cover, and cook for 10 minutes, or until zucchini noodles have slightly softened and spinach has wilted.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
1/6th of recipe (about 1 1/3 cups) | SmartPoints: 0
- 56 calories
- 0.5g total fat
- 0g sat fat
- 701mg sodium
- 10g carbs
- 2.5g fiber
- 4.5g sugars
- 3g protein