- 8 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 (6-8 ounce) whole chicken breasts (bone-in with skin)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can preservative-free artichoke hearts OR 6- 8 artichoke hearts from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
Put in 4-quart slow cooker the chicken breasts, spinach and the chicken broth. Scatter the garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
Cook covered on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high from 4 to 6 hours.
The chicken breasts are to be gently removed from the slow cooker and put in a serving platter just before serving.
Mix cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and artichokes and stir the mixture is getting creamy.
Then the sauce should be poured over the chicken.
Garnish with tomatoes. If needed, sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 of the spinach, tomatoes, and artichokes | SmartPoints: 5
Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 82 mg | Sodium: 243 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 35 g