Yield: 3 servings
Serving size: 3 mozzarella bites
- ⅓ cup herb-flavored panko breadcrumbs
- 3 light string cheese sticks
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium heat. Add ⅓ cup of panko breadcrumbs to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring the whole time.
- Remove from heat and place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Put the egg whites in a small bowl.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip cheese in egg whites then roll in breadcrumbs. Place cheese on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is softened and thoroughly heated (without losing too much shape).
- Pour the marina sauce into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high one minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 30 seconds.
Per Serving: (3 mozzarella bites) | Smartpoints: 3
- Calories: 101
- Fat: 5g
- Sat. Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 8g
- Sugars: 1g
- Sodium: 341mg