- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cored and chopped
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup white or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup fat free beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cabbage and let cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in garlic and onion, and cook until just softened a bit, about 2 minutes. Add in pork and some salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned
- Stir in diced tomatoes, sauerkraut,tomato paste, broth, vinegar, sugar, thyme and paprika. Lower heat to medium and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in rice and cabbage and mix well to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired and let simmer another 5 minutes to heat up.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/3 cups
Each serving = 4 Points + = 5 Smartpoints
PER SERVING: 182 calories; 3g fat; 24g carbohydrates; 15g protein; 5g fiber