- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 18.25 ounces chocolate cake mix
- ⅔ cups mini semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins or 36 cookies.
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- For muffins, preheat the oven to 400 F degrees and line 12 muffin cups or 36 mini muffin cups with paper liners or coat them with non-stick spray.
- For cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with non-stick spray.
- Make the batter in a large bowl by mix just the two ingredients together, ignoring the instructions on the cake mix. This will take some effort and the mixture will be very very thick! Stir in the mini semisweet chocolate chips, if using.
- For muffins, place batter into the prepared (or mini muffin) tins Bake at 400 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes for muffins and 12 minutes for the mini-muffins.
- For cookies, Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until the edges are firm and the centers are just barely set when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets and then transfer the cookies with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving Muffins: (1 muffin or 3 mini muffins): 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein and 5 PointsPlus;
Nutritional Estimates Cookies (1 cookie): 66 calories, 2.3 g fat, 11.4 g carbs, 0.7 g fiber, 1.0 g protein and 2 WW PointsPlus