Yield 6 popovers
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a popover pan into the oven.*
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until frothy, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour, chives, garlic powder, salt, basil and pepper until just incorporated.
- Remove popover pan from the oven and generously grease with bacon fat. Working quickly, fill popover pan half full with egg mixture.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with butter and Parmesan.
Servings Per Container 6
Total Fat 12.3g
Saturated Fat 5.4g
Trans Fat 0.2g
Total Carbohydrate 26.3g
Dietary Fiber 0.9g