- Prep Time:25 min
- Cook Time:25 min
- 2 cup(s)uncooked butternut squash, peeled, diced (about 10 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup(s)water
- 2 tspvanilla extract
- 14 Tbsppowdered sugar (3/4 c plus 2 Tbsp)
- 2⁄3 cup(s)all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup(s)unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 tspbaking soda
- 1⁄8 tsptable salt
- 1 1⁄2 ozbittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (70% cocoa)
- 2 Tbsplight butter, stick-form, cut up
- 1 largeegg(s)
- 2 largeegg white(s)
- 1⁄2 cup(s)crispy rice cereal
- 2 Tbspmini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 tspsea salt, coarse variety (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil (or coat with cooking spray if you prefer).
- Combine squash and water in a microwavable bowl; cover with vented plastic wrap or wax paper. Microwave on High until squash is fork-tender, 8 minutes. Mash squash with a potato masher or large spoon; stir in vanilla and cool until lukewarm (place in refrigerator to cool faster).
- Meanwhile, sift together powdered sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and table salt into a medium bowl.
- Combine bittersweet chocolate and butter in a small microwavable bowl; cover with wax paper. Microwave on Medium (50% power) until chocolate softens and butter begins to melt, 15 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Stir melted chocolate into squash until blended; beat in egg and egg whites by hand. Gently fold in flour mixture just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer; sprinkle top with cereal, chocolate chips and sea salt. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it, 25 minutes; cool completely on rack. Remove foil from pan; cut into 12 equal pieces.
Serving size: 1 piece | SmartPoints: 5
Inspired by : Weightwatchers.com (official)