1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
1/3 cup celery (sliced)
1/2 cup rice (uncooked)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 can tomatoes (16 oz)
1 1/2 cup chicken (canned)
3/4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook onion, green pepper, celery, and rice in vegetable oil at medium heat in a large saucepan until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Drain tomatoes and save the liquid.
3. Chop tomatoes into small pieces.
4. Add tomatoes, liquid, chicken, water, chili powder, and pepper to rice mixture.
5. Bring to a boil and stir. Cover and cook on low heat. Cook until rice is tender (about 25 minutes)
Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 220 Calories; 1.3g Sat. Fat; 26g Protein; 24g Carbs; 2g Fiber; 35mg Cholesterol;
SmartPoint Value: 5 / Serving