PREP 25 MINS
COOK 25 MINS
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef ( drained or rinsed!)
- 1/2 cup onion ( chopped)
- 1/4 cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 (15 ounce) cans diced canned tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) cans kernel corn ( drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) cans black beans ( rinsed and drained)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste ( or less (or more)
- Brown ground beef and chopped onions in large skillet; brown 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring constantly. Drain well and rinse with warm water to remove all fat; return beef/onions to skillet.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, chilies/jalapenos and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray 12×8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla in half; place 8 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon sour cream over beef mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining 8 tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture. (Cover tightly with foil & Freeze for later OR cook as directed below…).
- (Thaw overnight if frozen) Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh chopped lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, etc… /.
- Makes 6 large Servings at 10 Smartpoints/each
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 355.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 814.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 26.7 g